Saturday, September 29, 2007


It's very early in the morning and everybody is asleep. I've been more than a little ill, on top of a rough school week, and a bit more stress than i've been used to lately. But right now, six in the morning, I feel good. I'm sitting here listening to music on the computer, and looking through my picture files. I have one particular folder of pictures from one of Adam's visits home. I've been looking through it, enjoying the memories associated with each image.

Don't get me wrong. I love my children. But, for you parents out there, you know how sometimes you forget that. Well, not so much forget it, as it gets lost in the minutiae of daily life. I'm so busy making sure Adam is getting enough sleep, or did Faith miss the bus, have you brushed your teeth, and will you stop that arguing? that you lose track.

But right now, when everybody is asleep and the house is quiet, right now I love my babies so much that it hurts. They are so very beautiful. They have lovely faces, and more important, they have beautiful souls. Each of them, in their own way, are so special and good and unspoiled, such as I can't really comprehend.

How could God have given me such perfect things, to take care of? What did i do to deserve such a precious gift?

No comments: