Monday, February 11, 2008

Back in Action

Y'all know those nasty storms that tore through my part of the country last week? Tornadoes, flooding, cats and dogs living together, End of the wo.... ahem. Anyway, here in Podunk Junction, we had our share. No tornadoes, precisely. But fifty mile an hour winds, and some flash flooding. Our power was knocked out for a bit.

AND! A power surge fried my computer. And I mean FRIED it. Sizzled the mother board, burned up the power supply, and apparently our hard drive magically became a 160 gig paperweight. So I had to go out and buy a new one.

I didn't think it was possible to piss through that much money in less than twenty minutes!

BUT! We're back online, back in business, and now I get to spend the next few days replacing my links, and mourning the 120 gigs of information that I didn't have backed up, damn it!

No comments: